Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE

I had to run home and write this as soon as I could; something is going on out there and I really don't know what they are. I say 'they', but I guess what it is could be 'its' rather than 'they', but you get the idea. Anyway, right around eleven this morning, this really powdery like ash stuff started falling from the sky. I'd never seen anything like it outside of California when my wife and I were on our Honeymoon and the forest fires were ripping through the trees back in '99. It looked then like really light snowflakes and they were all over the place. This was so similar to that that I almost chalked it up to a fire somewhere, but Michigan just doesn't get them that much... especially not around here. At any rate, I went outside to check it out, and when the little fluffs landed on you they almost stung! It felt just like a little bug nipping you! It definitely made me want to wipe the things off right away. I brushed off the rest and went back inside. We looked out the front window that faces the road and thousands of the whitish-gray flakes were landing all over the place. As soon as they hit something solid, or maybe just not human, they popped open with a puff of maybe smoke or something, and flipped over. Worst of all was how they looked after 'exploding': like little crabs; stone crabs maybe, but without the big fat claw... just two littler ones. They started scrambling all over the cars, the sidewalk, the parking lot... shit, we could hear them scratching at the roof! No one wanted to go out to investigate, for obvious reasons, but it was apparent that they could be relatively easily smashed, as the passing, honking traffic was splattering them all over the road! They didn't look like they had blood, per se, just a bunch of green ichor that erupted a blast of some kind of foul green gas. Anyway, after about fifteen minutes of them pouring down from the sky, the rain stopped. Well, getting to the car wasn't exactly a simple task as no one wanted to get any one of them on themselves, so, we grabbed the snow shovel and just cleared a path. I jumped in the car, kicked two out that had climbed in the open window... I think I got them all, though I thought maybe one had gotten into my soc--- -

No comments: